It’s no secret that a GPS device is actually fun to have on a hike. It tells you where you are on a map at a glance, and it shows you how near or far you are to the spots you want to reach. You can even use the device to mark particular waypoints and share your info with your contacts.
It can be a problem when everyone wants to control the GPS device. You may have lots of squabbles about who gets to hold it; people waste money by having each person in their group buy their own. You can just do the sensible thing and buy a Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro.
<a href=”https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Elf-2200-Black-silver/dp/B008VWNBBE/ref=as_li_ss_il?keywords=Bad+Elf+2200&qid=1557567222&s=electronics&sr=1-2-catcorr&linkCode=li2&tag=crediblecycli-20&linkId=71017abf77302287e6bb6135c9069a0b&language=en_US” target=”_blank”><img border=”0″ src=”//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B008VWNBBE&Format=_SL160_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=crediblecycli-20&language=en_US” ></a><img src=”https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=crediblecycli-20&language=en_US&l=li2&o=1&a=B008VWNBBE” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />
Features of the Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro
So how exactly does the Bad Elf 2200 help you and your group when you’re hiking? Take a look:
- This is a GPS device that can show a lot of data on its screen. You can see GPS coordinates, as well as your speed, heading, and current elevation. It can even show you the time.
- What really helps for parties who want quick and easy access to the information is that it can feed the GPS data to up to 5 different iOS products such as the iPhone, iPad, and the iPod Touch. This is done through Bluetooth.
- If your smartphone has the right app, you can have preloaded maps so that the GPS coordinates from the Bad Elf 2200 can show you exactly where you are. This device works with every location-based app. You can also download the free Bad Elf Utility App from the AppStore.
- You can record up to 100 hours’ worth of hiking data on your Bad Elf 2200. It can log your GPS data automatically at regular intervals. You can even log the data once every second.
- This is an extremely compact device, as it is 3 inches long and 2.4 inches wide. It will fit nicely in your palm, even if you have small hands. It also weighs very little, at just 3.2 ounces.
- Your purchase comes with a charger. What’s great is that you can get up to 16 hours of use when your pair this up through Bluetooth. When you’re just in plain data logging mode, you can use it for up to 35 hours.
- When you’re hiking, you really need to think about the size and weight of your equipment. This device works very well, as it’s small enough to fit in a kid’s hand. The weight isn’t much either. What’s more, you don’t need to have this in your hand all the time. It also comes with a neck lanyard that’s comfy to wear because of the small size and weight.
- It generally offers very accurate readings so you don’t have to worry too much about getting false data about exactly where you are. You get indicators about the accuracy of the readings and the quality of your connections to the satellites.
- It also doesn’t take a lot of time to lock up to a satellite. At first, when the unit is cold, it may take about 33 seconds on average. But as the unit warms up the lock time gets faster, and you may get a lock in just 2 seconds.
- It’s great that even with a Bluetooth pairing you can still get a decent 16 hours of use from the unit. Without the pairing, the battery time more than doubles.
- It can pair with any Bluetooth device, but the problem is that the app is only available from the AppStore. Android smartphone users are out of luck.
- You may get less than 5 iOS devices to connect, mainly because of the problematic iOS 10 updates.
Are you annoyed when members of your hiking party keep asking you about GPS data every few seconds, simply because you’re the one handling the device? Are you tired of having people fight over who gets to use the GPS? Instead of buying a GPS device for each of you, you can just buy the Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro for the whole group.
With this, now you’re not bothered all the time when someone wants to know the current location or heading. They can just check their own iOS device.
Everyone’s in the know, and for many hikers, knowing the GPS data can help a lot in alleviating concerns. So get this for your hiking party, and you may find that hiking with a group can actually be a lot of fun without the squabbles.
Of course, it doesn’t have to be just for groups. If you’re a pilot or a sailboat enthusiast, you may want to get one too. It offers a lot of data that’ll keep you from getting lost. Use this with an iPad, and you’re good to go.